Senior DevOps Engineer
Martello Technologies is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to lead a team of distributed DevOps engineers (North America and EU) in a fast-growing Saas environment.
The successful candidate will participate in the Cloud Modernization, CI/CD operationalization and Kubernetes to design, implement and securely deploy products with consideration of industry standards and best practices and cost effectiveness and emerging technologies while working closely with multiple cross-functional teams (R&D, Product Owners, Customer Support, etc.).
In this role you will:
- Automate the continuous delivery of development artifacts
- Build CI/CD modernization and DevSecOps roadmaps through various stages and steps from lift and shift to complete cloud-native and application rearchitecture, e.g. single-tenant to multi-tenant, stateful to stateless and securing containerized applications
- Design, configure and maintain DevSecOps-enabled pipelines, including development and production environments, for large, reactive, cloud-based systems
- Monitoring of performance and stability and incident response and disaster recovery while scaling infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demand
- Assessing requirements to ensure software deliverables remain secure, reliable, scalable and cost-effective
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3+ years Kubernetes
- Minimum 3+ years scripting experience in Linux CLI and Linux security
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Terraform/Jenkins/Git or equivalent build orchestration tools
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Azure or other virtualization infrastructure with accompanying certifications
- 2+ years of building Cloud (SaaS) products and infrastructures
- 2+ years of experience with operational visualization (Prometheus, Grafana)
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience operationalizing SDLC pipelines with CI/CD & setup from code repository to build servers, test servers and production servers
- Strong analytical skills to interpret and translate business needs into well-defined requirements
- Proven experience with system and networking administration, configuration and troubleshooting
- Windows / Linux operating systems
- Java, .Net, REST API applications
- Azure (Primary) / Amazon (Secondary) public clouds
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with configuration management
- Elasticsearch / Database experience or experience setting up big data pipelines
- Experience at producing deployment templates/recipes that automate infrastructure provisioning to deployment
- Background in Security (Network, Platform, and Application Security)
- Kubernetes certifications (CKAD, CKA, CKS)
- Cloud platform certifications (AWS DevOps Engineer)
What We Offer:
- A challenging position in a rapidly evolving industry.
- A competitive salary with excellent growth and development opportunities.
- Hybrid work environment (in office a minimum of 2 days per week).
- Employer provided health insurance that starts the first day of employment.
- Martello stock option grants.
- 3 weeks paid vacation + 10 personal days + 2 paid days for volunteering
- Professional development with free access to thousands of training courses offered through “Martello Udemy for Business”.
About Martello Technologies
Martello Technologies is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada with staff in Canada, Europe, and the United States. We provide modern workplace optimization solutions that monitor the performance of cloud collaboration and productivity tools to give enterprises insight into the user experience.
Martello offers a positive, diverse, and supportive culture. We welcome individuals who are curious, inventive and want to work with people who are smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. Martello Technologies is committed to supporting a culture of inclusion, diversity, and accessibility to employment for all. We are proud to operate as an equal opportunity employer.