Senior Software Engineer (Back End)
What is ProntoForms?
ProntoForms is an Ottawa founded company that has built the best-in-field low-code app development platform. Our product enables people to build and deploy enterprise-grade mobile forms in minutes. Check out our website for more information and videos on how our customers use our product.
We are honoured to have thousands of customers who rely on our platform every day to help run their businesses. Join us in delivering the next generation of innovation.
About the team
The back-end team is the core of our engineering group. We handle many concerns across the organization including building new features in the product, building APIs to support our mobile applications and our form builder tool, site reliability engineering and aiding our support team to help our customers. We are a flexible group that loves to try new ideas, learn from failures and celebrate successes together. We are very excited to add another software engineer to our team.
Who are you?
As the ideal candidate, you have a strong technical foundation, excellent communication skills and a thirst for knowledge. You love to learn new things and you may even have a cool side project or ten. You’re no stranger to collaboration and thrive in a team setting. When faced with challenges, you are resourceful and capable of moving the needle forward, leveraging help and guidance as needed. In your next role, you are looking to accelerate your professional growth and contribute to a high-functioning team.
- Build new roadmap features in a full-stack capacity by contributing to the core ProntoForms product which is written in Java and makes extensive use of the Spring framework
- Actively participate in an agile team that deploys to production every few days
- Engage in development practices such as pair programming, code reviewing and writing tests that prove your implementation meets its goals
- Improve site reliability, security and performance
- Use bleeding edge tools that greatly improve our quality of life
- Constantly learn new things and deliver impactful changes to our product on a regular basis
- Be part of a team that cares deeply about the work we do and the people we work with
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong Java skills, knowledge of relational databases and web application development
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working on a Software Development team
- Experience with any cloud platform; we deploy to the Amazon Web Services cloud
- A knack for solving tough problems
- A desire to continuously learn and improve
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
Some extra benefits:
- Company-wide & team social events
- Extracurricular activity groups
- Learning yearly allowance
- ProntoFit yearly allowance
- Great time off benefits (4 weeks of vacation + ProntoMe and ProntoCares days)
- Fantastic office space (in office 3x week) with catered lunches (2x week)
- Summer hours
Must be located in Ottawa, ON to collaborate in office with the team.
Ready to take the next step in your career? Apply now.
Something looks off?