Segmentify is an e-commerce personalization platform helping online retailers to optimize their conversion rates by enabling them to deliver a unique shopping experience for each visitor. Segmentify tracks each individual visitor’s behavior in real-time and offers smart product recommendations by utilizing in-house developed AI technology.
We have a dynamic and passionate young team dedicated to creating a SaaS solution to boost eCommerce revenue. We are selected as one of the 25 Machine Learning Startups to Watch In 2018 by Forbes magazine. We are one of the fastest growing start-ups in AI based e-commerce solutions with multiple investment rounds and have offices in 3 countries. Our main target for 2021 is to expand our customer base from all over the world and be the market leader in Europe, especially in the UK.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who will help us to build the world’s most intelligent personalization platform for online retailers and to guarantee best customer experience by continuously monitoring our services and infrastructure.
You will be responsible for creating and maintaining distributed architecture on cloud and on-premise, deploying product updates, and maintaining a continuous integration and delivery pipeline. The Ideal candidate should be passionate about providing world-class technical service with a sharp focus on implementing and deploying a reliable, robust, high quality software CI/CD pipeline. You should have experience working in complex multi-platform environments and be familiar with release engineering practices and tools.
You will collaborate with the development and product team to create and support cloud infrastructure for Segmentify core products and new modules & features, create and maintain continuous integration & delivery, monitor and manage testing and live environments. Help us build a culture and practice that leads to improved product quality and cohesive collaboration.
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related disciplines from reputable universities
- 3+ years of DevOps experience
- Programming skills for Python, Go, NodeJS and/or Bash for daily operational scheduled tasks management
- Experience with Linux and shell scripting (Debian and RedHat/CentOS are preferred)
- Basic knowledge and understanding about computer networks
- Demonstrated experience with CI/CD tools especially with Jenkins, Nexus, SonarQube
- Experience in System Monitoring and APM tools such as Nagios, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK stack (we use all of them)
- Proficient with orchestration tools (Ansible is preferred)
- Experience with central log management tools (Graylog is preferred)
- Experience with central error tracking tools (Sentry is preferred)
- Google Cloud platform management experience is a big plus
- Experience with open source web tools (httpd, nginx, ftpd, etc.)
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to work closely with development and QA team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Fluency in both spoken and written English
- NoSQL database experience (MongoDB or Cassandra is preferred)
- Hands-on experience with messaging queue frameworks (Kafka is preferred)
- Experience with container technologies (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Experience with understanding and managing micro-service architectures
- Experience with open source projects (committers are preferred)
- Knowledge and experience about version control (Git is preferred)
- Experience in Linux environment and application management and monitoring with a good understanding of Linux fundamentals and internals including filesystems, modern memory management, threads, processes, etc.
- Understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring and storage systems
- Understanding of the TCP/IP stack, internet routing and load balancing