Principal Product Manager
Harnessing the Power of Data, Together.
The world’s leading enterprises are using Solace’s event streaming and management platform to transform their organizations by harnessing the power of events.
The more quickly an enterprise can get information about events to where it needs to be, the more effectively a business can react to opportunities and improve the customer experience. That’s where an event broker (modern messaging-oriented-middleware) comes in.
Help Us, Help Them, Help You.
By joining our first-class team, you will be helping leading enterprises, including common household brands we all know and love, reach their full potential in this real-time, digital world.
The next time you drive a luxury vehicle, do some online banking, fly in a plane, or order some furniture online, you could be getting a better experience as a direct result of our technology, and your hard work. Wouldn’t that be great!?
As a Principal Product Manager reporting to VP of Product Management for PubSub+ Cloud, you will be part of the PubSub+ Cloud product management team that is defining the Solace PubSub+ Cloud platform roadmap. You will be working with the latest technologies and tools, and collaborating with our customers, our CTO, our marketing team, and our dynamic engineering team to plot our strategic direction. You will be evaluating the competitive landscape, prioritizing enhancement requests from customers, and deciding which strategic initiatives and functions will bring the most value to our customers. You will work with our marketing and training teams to generate collateral for the initiatives you lead and present this content you develop to our field teams and our customers. Your decisions will help to drive Solace’s growth in the real-time event movement space.
The Ideal Candidate
- Would be an exceptional Principal Product Manager interested in event driven, real-time systems, networking technologies, integration and cloud technologies to lead the way in defining and implementing our PubSub+ Cloud Event Mesh strategy.
- Is highly skilled technically, with strong communication and customer skills. They must possess the ability to work with all the internal and external stakeholders to understand in detail the product use-cases and requirements, and clearly communicate those requirements to the Solace architects and developers.
- Understands the technology and use-cases in sufficient detail to be able to confirm that any proposed product solutions will satisfy the market and customer needs. They must also be pragmatic in setting the product direction and exhibit a strong understanding of the business impact of their product choices and decisions.
What You’ll Bring to the Role
You will lead or have impact in all these areas of our PubSub+ Cloud platform:
- Strategic Initiatives for our Event Mesh Group
- Platform Security Posture
- Product Insights and Product Operations
- Pricing, Go to Market, Field Enablement
- 10+ years of experience in the product management experience
- Experience with experience in real-time systems, messaging middleware, IP networking, data movement, and/or IoT technologies.
- Proven product management experience building great products.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering preferred.
- Direct, hands-on experience with Hyperscale Cloud Services or Integration Platforms.
- Experience building or architecting a distributed software system or software as a service (SaaS).
- Messaging / Event Streaming experience – Kafka, RabbitMQ, or similar.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies and platforms such as Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Familiarity with messaging technologies and interfaces such as JMS, AMQP, MQTT, REST.
- Knowledge of IoT technologies, and messaging in the IoT space.
- Have experience with business analytics, business intelligence, monitoring, dashboarding, and alerting platforms like Datadog or Splunk.
Why You’ll Want to Join Us at Solace
- We have an awesome team! You’ll get to work with some of the smartest individuals in the business
- We believe in work-life balance and believe it’s important to love what you do
- We have adopted a hybrid work model to create an inclusive working environment for everyone
- Our training programs are top-notch (LinkedIn Learning, Mentorship program, Solace Academy)
- We like to brag about our stellar customer lineup!
- We are social – we like to keep things simple and fun!
- We are one of the top-ranked employers on Glassdoor
- We have a sense of humour and make cool videos on cool topics like MITT and this!
Not sure you meet all the requirements? We still want to hear from you — we know experience comes in all forms, so don't let that hold you back from applying!
We believe that diversity in all of its forms drives innovation and growth, both in business and in life. This is why we strive to create an enriching and safe workplace where you can be who you are. It is only because of you that we can be us.
If you want to do the best work of your career and feel supported every step of the way, we encourage you to join us.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the selection process will be contacted. Solace welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Learn more about us & how we are supporting employees, customers & partners during Covid-19 @ Solace