Senior Software Developer
Harnessing the Power of Data, Together.
The world’s leading enterprises are using Solace’s event streaming and management platform to transform their organizations by harnessing the power of events.
The more quickly an enterprise can get information about events to where it needs to be, the more effectively a business can react to opportunities and improve the customer experience. That’s where an event broker (modern messaging-oriented-middleware) comes in.
Help Us, Help Them, Help You.
By joining our first-class team, you will be helping leading enterprises, including common household brands we all know and love, reach their full potential in this real-time, digital world.
The next time you drive a luxury vehicle, do some online banking, fly in a plane, or order some furniture online, you could be getting a better experience as a direct result of our technology, and your hard work. Wouldn’t that be great!?
This position is for a Senior Software Developer. You will be responsible for defining, designing, developing, and deploying cloud-native applications and solutions (such as Solace Cloud) in leading cloud providers and platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform and Kubernetes. We are looking for a person that is passionate about software design and technologies, someone that loves to learn and educate our developers about new tools, techniques, processes, and methodologies.
The Right Person Will
- Have a passion for learning and understanding problems at a deep level.
- Constantly be exploring the boundaries of what technology can do.
- Continuously help raise the bar for other developers on our team and across our organization
- Have experience scaling SaaS platforms with large user bases.
- Have a deep understanding of OAuth technologies.
- Have experience with RBAC in large cloud platforms.
- Develop new products/solutions using agile software development practices.
- Design APIs following industry standards and show an ability to understand pros and cons of different patterns.
- Test software through automation and CI/CD integration pipelines.
- Communicate with the team through meetings, demos, and documentation.
- BS. degree in Software/Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar field OR equivalent experience.
- Deep experience working with role-based access controls and OAuth.
- Experience developing cloud-native Java Spring Boot (or equivalent) applications.
- Experience designing and developing RESTful APIs.
- Experience designing and implementing solutions using SQL/NoSQL databases (MySQL/ElasticSearch).
- Ability to deliver production quality software backed by automated tests.
- Interested in performance analysis and tuning.
- A self-starter, motivated individual who loves to learn and be challenged.
- A team player who can collaborate within cross-functional teams.
- A good communicator who communicates technical ideas clearly and concisely.
- Experience with cloud native infrastructure and SaaS.
- Experience with large user bases, SSO and Authentication.
- Experience with containers, microservices, and related technologies and design patterns.
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines.
Why You’ll Want to Join Us at Solace
- We have an awesome team! You’ll get to work with some of the smartest individuals in the business
- We believe in work-life balance and believe it’s important to love what you do
- We have adopted a hybrid work model to create an inclusive working environment for everyone
- Our training programs are top-notch (LinkedIn Learning, Mentorship program, Solace Academy)
- We like to brag about our stellar customer lineup!
- We are social – we like to keep things simple and fun!
- We are one of the top-ranked employers on Glassdoor
- We have a sense of humour and make cool videos on cool topics like MITT and this!
Not sure you meet all the requirements? We still want to hear from you — we know experience comes in all forms, so don't let that hold you back from applying!
We believe that diversity in all of its forms drives innovation and growth, both in business and in life. This is why we strive to create an enriching and safe workplace where you can be who you are. It is only because of you that we can be us.
If you want to do the best work of your career and feel supported every step of the way, we encourage you to join us.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the selection process will be contacted. Solace welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Learn more about us & how we are supporting employees, customers & partners during Covid-19 @ Solace