TrueContext (formerly ProntoForms) is looking for an experienced Technical Writer to help us modernize and build our Product Documentation. As a Technical Writer at TrueContext, you will play a crucial role in producing high-quality documentation that enhances the user experience of our products and services. You must have a strong foundation in technical writing, an eye for detail, and, most importantly, the ability to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner. You must also welcome constructive feedback on your work and provide constructive feedback in return. You thrive in a dynamic work environment that demands adaptability to changing priorities and timelines. TrueContext is an Ottawa founded company that has built the best-in-field low-code app development platform. Our product enables people to build and deploy enterprise-grade mobile forms in minutes. Check out our website for more information and videos on how our customers use our product.
We are honored to have thousands of customers who rely on our platform every day to help run their organizations. Join us to build the next round of innovation!
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including subject matter experts and developers, to gather information and produce comprehensive topic-based documentation and online help.
- Apply established documentation standards and guidelines to ensure consistency and clarity.
- Conduct thorough research to understand complex technical concepts and translate them into user-friendly documentation.
- Review and edit documentation for accuracy, completeness, and adherence to company style guides.
- Work closely with the product development team to stay informed about updates and changes, ensuring documentation remains up to date.
- Participate in the development and improvement of documentation processes and templates.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- 2-5 years of experience as a Technical Writer, preferably for a SaaS platform.
- Strong understanding of technical concepts and the ability to communicate them clearly, simply, and effectively to various audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to producing accurate and high-quality documentation on schedule.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
· Work samples that demonstrate:
- Application of structured writing principles and topic-based authoring.
- Development of graphics and illustrations.
- Attention to detail.
- Complex concepts explained simply and clearly.
· Exceptional time-management skills and the ability to work independently.
· Highly developed critical thinking, analytical, and creative problem-solving skills.
· Working knowledge of HTML, XML, and CSS.
Successful candidates must be:
- Proactive—You don't need anyone to tell you what to do and when to do it.
- Responsible—You take ownership of your deliverables and plan your work according to timelines.
- Inquisitive—You take interest in the product and are eager to try things out for yourself. You test before you ask questions.
- Eager to learn—You constantly look for ways to improve your skills, whether by keeping up with current trends or by learning from your fellow writers.
Nice to haves:
- Working knowledge of MadCap Flare, MadCap Capture, Confluence, Jira, and Bitbucket
- A certificate or other training in Technical Communication
- Experience working with an Agile software development team
Benefits and Perks:
Competitive salary, benefits, stock option plan and opportunity for growth within the organization.
- In person/Virtual company-wide & team social events.
- ProntoFit allowance
- Great time off perks (4 weeks vacation + True2Me days + TrueCrewCares Day)
- Catered Lunches
- Summer hours
Ready to take the next step in your career? Apply now.