Senior UX Designer
What is ProntoForms?
ProntoForms is a company founded in Ottawa that has developed the best-in-field low-code app development platform. Our product allows individuals to build and deploy enterprise-grade mobile forms in minutes. For more information and videos showcasing how our customers use our product, please visit our website.
We are honored to serve thousands of customers who depend on our platform every day to help operate their businesses. Join us in delivering the next generation of innovation.
About the team
The Product Engineering team is responsible for the entire ProntoForms product. UX designers are embedded in both discovery and delivery teams. Discovery teams are responsible for iteratively maximizing customer value along a specific customer theme. Delivery teams are responsible for ensuring high-quality solution outcomes that effectively meet the needs of our customers. UX designers within each team will lead their respective domains but collaborate with their Design community of practice to ensure consistency across the product.
Who are you?
As the ideal candidate, you are proficient in the design aspects of the software delivery lifecycle, from iterative prototyping to high-fidelity artifacts that employ visual and interaction design elements matching the underlying web or mobile platform of the product. You have exposure to the discovery process of a product and desire early and frequent involvement in continuous discovery loops with customers. You are comfortable and eager to employ user research, interviewing, and testing strategies to increase confidence that we are identifying the correct customer opportunities and addressing them effectively.
- Researching, exploring, and documenting product design solutions based on personas and/or user interviews.
- Executing interaction and visual design concepts, prototyping, and usability testing as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Designing user interfaces, documenting detailed specifications, and writing user stories for handoff to developers.
- Contributing to our design system, guidelines, personas and other documentation.
- Being passionate and knowledgeable about forward thinking technology or UX trends.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of UX design experience.
- Strong conceptualization, planning, and visual communication ability.
- Focus on web and responsive design with knowledge of native mobile platform design systems.
- Ability to create wireframes as well as high fidelity visual design comps and production assets.
- Working knowledge of Adobe XD/Sketch and/or other common UX tools (Figma, Invision, Proto.io, Axure, Creative Cloud).
- Experience with complex enterprise level user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. We present our work.
- Understanding of common software project management practices.
- Understanding of common software development practices.
Things we believe and care about:
- You! Your growth, development and mental health are important to us.
- Security and privacy of our customers and their data is paramount.
- Small, autonomous teams are the best way to make things happen.
- Innovation and product discovery are everyone's job.
- Fail fast, learn, make it better.
Some extra benefits:
- Company-wide & team social events
- Extracurricular activity groups
- Learning yearly allowance
- True2Me Wellness yearly allowance
- Great time off perks (4 weeks vacation + True2Me days + TrueCrewCares Day
- Fantastic office space (in office 3x week) with catered lunches (2x week)
Ready to take the next step in your career? Apply now.